NowSecure Forensics» Version 3.2: Reporting overhaul, location mapping and more
NowSecure Forensics» has been updated to v3.2, which introduces a mulitude of new features aimed at enhancing your investigations.
Contact: Hannah LaCorte
Tel: (202) 240-7611
Email: [email protected]
For Immediate ReleaseSeptember 10, 2015 - 12:00 am
- Updated reporting system
- NowSecure Forensics 3.2 introduces our new reporting system. The new system gives greater flexibility as to what is included in the report as well as a number of stability and speed improvements.
- The html and pdf reports have been updated to be easier to navigate and read, and can now included carved images and recovered data.
- Location Mapping tool
- We have added a new location mapping tool which takes coordinates from analyzed data and plots them on a map to give you a visual guide to where the device has been.
- The mapped data has the same filters used on our timeline tool allowing you to filter by extraction, and also artifact source.
- Artifact details are presented beneath the map allowing you to see all the information you need in the same view. You can then select items of interest to be included in the final report.
Note: This feature requires the user to be connected to the internet to obtain mapping tiles.
- Conversation view
- The converation view lets you filter data to the conversation between the examined device and any contact.
- Conversation view shows Call history, SMS, Gmail and whatsapp communications between the device and selected contact; sorted in date order. You also have the ability to filter the conversation by date and time, so you can just see the part of the conversation that is of interest to your investigation.
- Import Samsung Kies backups and Android Filesystem
- Now you can import and process data backed up via Samsungs Kies tool as well as any existing android filesystem extractions.
- SQLite recovery updates
- Recovered data is now much easier to browse through and process. Users can easily remove columns that do not contain useful data, and select the rows of interest to be included in the report.
- New app support
- Android: Google Photos, Samsung Browser, device information, device user details, installed packages and WiFi details
- iOS: Accounts, Apple maps, Settings, Heytell, iOS Weather, iBooks, Podcasts, User dictionary, Compass, voice memos
Note: This version of NowSecure Forensics uses our new repository for hosting files. For users wishing to update existing installations to 3.2, please see our support site: Upgrading NowSecure Forensics to 3.2
As the recognized experts in mobile security and privacy, NowSecure protects the global mobile app economy and safeguards the data of millions of mobile app users. Built on a foundation of standards, NowSecure empowers the world’s most demanding organizations with security automation to release and monetize 30% faster, reduce testing and delivery costs by 30% and reduce appsec risk by 40%. Only NowSecure offers a full solution suite of continuous security testing for DevSecOps, mobile app supply-chain monitoring, expert mobile pen testing as a Service (PTaaS) and training courseware. NowSecure actively contributes and supports the mobile security open-source community, standards and certification including OWASP MASVS, ADA MASA, NIAP and is recognized by IDC, Gartner, Deloitte Fast 500, and TAG Cyber.