In viaForensics’ webinar Mobile Forensics Challenges on iOS and Android, viaForensics Security and Forensics Analyst Kevin Swartz discusses many of the challenges forensics analysts face in today’s mobile forensics environment. This includes a discussion of current trends, such as bypassing passcodes on mobile devices, rooting methods and jailbreaking devices, as well as future advances in mobile such as iOS 7 and SEAndroid.
Our next webinar “HOWTO Complete a Logical Examination on Android Using F/OSS Tools” will be held on September 19. It will include a breakdown of logical vs physical forensics, passcode bypass techniques, what rooting is and why it is important in forensics, as well as a demonstration of HOWTO use free, open source tools to complete a logical examination of an Android device. Register today.
Save 50% on viaExtract by buying today
Slides and discussions of particular note:
- 2:42 – Mobile devices – not just computers
- 5:26 – Early mobile forensics challenges
- 8:42 – Passcode bypass techniques on iOS and Android
- 12:35 – Stepping outside the sandbox
- 14:40 – Defeating encryption
- 18:15 – Remote wipes
- 18:57 – Complexity in Android and iOS
- 26:00 – Burner phones
- 27:20 – Mobile security enhancements in iOS 7 and SEAndroid
- 33:35 – Q&A
After viewing please fill out our questionnaire, tell us your thoughts and submit your ideas for future webinars.