We present this report, gleaned from our database of mobile security intelligence, to help IT and security pros make informed decisions about managing and securing mobile devices, mobile apps, and their enterprises’ mobile ecosystem. Some of our eye-opening statistics regarding mobile insecurity include:
- 24.7 percent of mobile apps include at least one high-risk security flaw
- The average device connects to 160 unique IP addresses every day
- 35 percent of communications sent by mobile devices are unencrypted
- Business apps are three times more likely to leak login credentials than the average app
- Games are one-and-a-half times more likely to include a high risk vulnerability than the average app
Enterprise IT and security teams should take data points such as these into consideration as they develop and manage their mobile security strategies.