With an update released today, Lab Workstation version 3.5.3 now supports iOS up to 9.1, significantly reduces the time it takes to provision iOS testing devices, and, by customer request, a feature that maps report findings to relevant configuration guidelines from the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP).
Customers use Lab Workstation to significantly reduce the time and effort required to perform static and dynamic application security testing of Android and iOS apps. If you’re interested in learning more about Lab Workstation and how it can help you accelerate and improve your mobile app security testing, contact us today.
Looking towards the future Going forward, we will release Lab Workstation updates more frequently so that we can more quickly fulfill customer feature requests. Customers can submit requests by contacting their account representative or NowSecure Support at [email protected].
- iOS 9.0 and 9.1 support – Use Lab Workstation to test apps on devices running iOS versions 9.1 and earlier.Customers with devices running iOS 9.0 and 9.1 already on reserve will need to provision their iOS test device for iOS 9 in order to take advantage of this feature. Fortunately, we’ve improved the provisioning process for iOS devices (see below).PLEASE NOTE: Lab Workstation tests iOS apps on a jailbroken version of iOS. If you have not already set aside a device that runs iOS 9.0 or 9.1, do not attempt to update the device you currently use for testing. For more details, see the NowSecure Support Article “Updating iOS test devices.” If you need assistance procuring a jailbroken device, contact NowSecure support at [email protected].
- NIAP mapping – As a result of customer requests, findings now include details about relevant configuration guidelines published by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP). For more details, see NIAP’s guidelines documentation.
Example of a finding with relevant NIAP guideline entries linked at the bottom
- Improved provisioning for iOS devices – The streamlined iOS provisioning process significantly reduces the amount of time it takes to install a new agent and certificate on iOS testing devices. See the NowSecure support article “Provisioning an iOS Device for Lab Workstation” for details and instructions.
- Updated iOS agent – Resolves memory analysis and automation scripting issues with iOS 9.0 and 9.1.
- Updated report formatting
- User action is required to apply the update.
- Follow the instructions published in the NowSecure support article “3.5.3 Update“ to update.